Were You Injured at a Private Residence?

Your home is your castle. It's one of the biggest investments a person can make. If you live in a neighborhood under the auspices of a homeowner's association, upkeep and maintenance aren't just matters of pride, it could be a matter of neighborhood reminder letters or even fines.

There's another big reason why homeowners should make sure their property (both inside and outside) is maintained and in good shape. That reason? A homeowner could be liable if someone is injured on their property.

If you are the one who has been injured on commercial or private property, you may have a case for a lawsuit that could recoup medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. If you have been hurt on private property, your first call should be to the personal injury experts at Nicholson, Silverbach & Watson can help.

There are some common causes of private property accidents and injuries. Those include:

· Ice covered sidewalks and driveways

· Worn or frayed carpeting that caused a fall

· Dog bites

· Lack of handrails, according to local building codes and standards

· Stairs that are in poor condition

· Uneven sidewalks or driveway

· Any spilled substance that may cause a slip and fall

· A swimming pool that isn't secured with a locked gate or fence

In order to file a lawsuit due to injury on private or commercial property, there must be negligence on the part of the property owner.

Damages as a result of an accident are another important component of a claim. Common damages include:

· Medical bills

· Physical therapy

· Lost wages

· Pain and suffering

If you have been injured, it's imperative that as much information as possible is documented. This includes:

· All medical expenses

· Mileage to and from medical or therapy appointments

· Photographs of the accident scene, if possible

· Lost wages as a result of the injury or ensuing medical appointments

There's a chance you may be contacted by an insurance adjuster who wants to settle a potential claim. The property owner may even offer you cash to avoid a claim being filed with her home owner's insurance carrier. Before talking to anyone from the insurance company or accepting any sort of offer, schedule a consultation with one of the experienced attorneys at https://www.nsw-law.com/

As experienced personal injury lawyers, we can help you, and we will make sure you are treated fairly. You can reach us at 770-635-0334.

Martindale-Hubbell | AV Preeminent | peer rated for highest level of professional excellence | 2017The National Trial Lawyers | Top 100 Trail LawyersThe American Society of Legal Advocates ASLAAmerican Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys GTLA | Georgia Trial Lawyers Association Protecting the Rights to Trial by Jury
Georgia Personal Injury And Workers’ Comp Attorney